Hotel Sorrento – Hotel Sorrento 4 stelle

ItEn

Sorrento Cathedral

Sorrento Cathedral, entitled to Saints Philip and James, dates from the fifteenth century, however, over time, has undergone into several transformations in later times.

The façade is completely covered in marble in the Romanesque style, built up in 1924.

The side portal dates back to 1479 and bearing lintel important noble crests: the Aragonese, the coat of arms of Pope Sixtus IV and Archbishop De Angelis. The bell 5 levels rests on a base supported by four antique columns.

The Latin cross interior has a sumptuous baroque ceiling and contains many works of art.

Among these, an archbishop's throne and a marble pulpit of the '500, as well as rich marble decorations and a choir in inlaid wood from the early' 900.

 
Protected by Verisgn Prenotazioni on line Hotel